So that Lunar Party I mentioned? We couldn’t go because of the freezing rain and ice we got. I was pretty bummed not just because I missed out on the food but the friends and laughter! I wasn’t even able to make it to the store to get the supplies I wanted to use for my dish. Another time.
I pulled pasta, some veg, and seasonings out and decided to try something new. Normally I would make everything separately and then add them all together at the end. This time because I was trying to fix something fast so we could resume “House of Cards” (Did you binge watch the season too?!?!?!) I threw everything into the same pan. And lo and behold it worked out pretty well.
What also worked great was using precut veggies. Generally I am ahem frugal (perhaps in this one instance?) and buy the whole veggie when possible. But I’ve noticed something this winter: Precut is pretty swell.
- we should all eat more veggies
- we are all busy people
- shortcuts can be incredibly helpful
- 2 cups water
- 2 servings pasta
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 TBS Rice Vinegar
- 2 TBS Gluten Free Tamari Sauce
- 2 TBS Honey
- 1 TBS Sriracha
- 2 servings broccoli florets
- ½ cup bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 scallion, thinly chopped
- dash of sesame seeds (optional)
- In a large skillet add water, pasta, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boil and cook 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk the rice vinegar, tamari sauce, honey, and sriracha.
- Add the broccoli and bell pepper to the skillet.
- Stir in the sauce. Top with scallions and sesame seeds if using.