Hi! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Happy Belated Mother’s Day. I had my mom over for a lunch of prosciutto wrapped asparagus, pasta with sausage, and cupcakes! These cupcakes from America’s Test Chicken were spectacular. The rise people! Check out my instagram to see how much they rise?!?! Whew!
As you may recall I was told to take among other things Magnesium for my heart but the Magnesium I have makes my stomach very angry: cramps and gas. So I’ve stopped taking it for now and am trying to find food sources full of Magnesium. I had stopped eating brown rice for a while there but once I saw it was a good source for Magnesium I decided to reenter it into my diet albeit in smaller portions. But who cares about vitamins when this sauce is in your life?!?!? Seriously after shooting these pics I started
devouring eating this and then poured ALL the sauce over it because seriously people THE SAUCE.
Eons ago when I was a vegetarian I made a lot of Asian inspired dishes but kind of forgot about them when I started eating meat again. I approach cooking so differently these days, ingredients mean so much more to me. I really think about what I am fueling my body with and though I want more than anything to eat battered and fried chicken I know it will not agree with me. Instead I lightly dusted the chicken with Arrowroot and browned them in a tiny bit of oil topping the whole delicious meal off with a soy sauce (gluten free!), vinegar, sriracha blend. I love the heat in sriracha so if that isn’t your preference feel free to lessen the amount. But do make the sauce. Mmmm delish!
- 2 TBS Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 TBS Rice Vinegar
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- 1 TBS Agave
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBS Arrowroot
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 boneless chicken things cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, diced
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- In a medium pot over high heat add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, chicken stock, agave, and garlic.
- Bring to boil.
- Whisk in 1 TBS Arrowroot, lower heat to simmer.
- Dust chicken with remaining 1 TBS of Arrowroot.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat and 1 tsp canola oil.
- Add the chicken to the frying pan and cook until done, about 10 minutes.
- Add the scallions and remove from heat.
- Drizzle Sauce over the chicken.
- Serve over brown rice.