When I was a vegetarian my favorite restaurant was the Sunflower. It was the BEST I always felt like I got the most amazing food and choices there. Little by little I started noticing I would get headaches after eating there. Then I would get stomach aches, that is when I put two and two together and realized their meat substitute was wheat gluten. Grrrr. But it was such an amazing restaurant and I LOVED it.
One of my favorite appetizers were their Cold Basil Rolls (which upon looking at their website reveals these ARE wheat free!), rice wrappers contained lots of veggies and veggie ham. For my own creation I used chicken, cabbage, and carrots. Totally forgot about the basil but I cannot wait to add that next time!
- 2 rice wraps
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 oz cooked chicken
- ½ cup shredded cabbage and carrots
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 TBS Rice Vinegar
- 1 TBS Gluten Free Tamari Sauce
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
- ½ tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 TSP agave
- Dip wraps into warm water until they are soft and pliable.
- Carefully place onto a flat surface and fill with veggies and meat.
- Wrap like a burrito.
- In a large bowl whisky the peanut butter, water, rice vinegar, tamari sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, and agave.
- Taste the sauce and add more sriracha if needed.
- Dip away!