Are you ready for a photo dump??? I love looking at other blogger’s vacation photos! We spent a long weekend at Emerald Isle, NC in a way to honor my grandmother who passed away a year ago. My grandmother was fearless and my main beach play companion growing up so this was a fun and appropriate way to honor her.
Can you believe I never took out my actual camera? I cannot! It was nice to relax with family and catch up since we rarely get to see one another. I don’t have any restaurant recommendations for the Isle though. I didn’t find any restaurants that were boasting gluten free selections for seafood, which is what I was after. We brought our own food from home instead which was fun! I made some of the recipes from my “Foods I want to eat” Pinterest board.
What all did I pack?
- Waffles! I’ve mentioned before I’m addicted to Minimalist Baker’s waffles
- Blueberry Bagels from Fork & Beans
- Almond Butter
- Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- Flank Steak
- Grilled Ribs
- Broccoli-Cheese Quinoa Burritos from the Oh She Glows Cookbook
- Mini Sausage Frittatas
- Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies
Now to the photos!