This salad is my new favorite thing to eat. It is bright and colorful which is everything we need in our lives right now. A student told me yesterday that the clouds should be out of snow by now. She’s over it and so is everyone else I know. Bright pink grapefruit with lovely green lettuces, walnuts, almonds, and a yogurt avocado dressing. Delish.
I love it so it so much it is my new favorite snack. I can attest that it transported well to work. I packed the dressing in a separate container just to make sure nothing got soggy. Shaking things up from my usual afternoon smoothie. It is a bright spot in my day, especially since grapefruit is involved. I love this fruit, I know I’ve said it before, but grapefruit is the best part of winter for me. I made this dressing with mashed avocado, salt and pepper, greek yogurt, and some water to thin it out. Pretty easy. Is there snow from 3 weeks ago still on the ground outside? Yes. Are we supposed to get an additional 6-10 inches tomorrow? Yes. Maybe Spring will show up next week, but until then we’ll eat this winter salad.
- 1 massive handful of lettuce
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 TBS walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 TBS almonds roughly chopped
- 1 cup avocado, seeded and peeled
- 2 TBS greek yogurt
- 2-4 TBS water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix the lettuce, grapefruit, and nuts together.
- In a medium bowl mash the avocado.
- Stir in the greek yogurt, water, and salt and pepper.
- Add more water to get to your desired consistency.