Caran from Grow. Cook. Eat. Share so kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award.
A Liebster Award, as far as I can tell, is for bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. It is a way to be exposed to new blogs. Liebe is German for Love, I love the Liebster Award 🙂
The rules are thus:
- Thank the lovely person who nominated you. Thank you Caran <3
- Answer the questions they gave
- Nominate (and this is what seems fuzzy 3-11) other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers
- Create your own questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify the nominees 🙂
So here goes!
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Having a creative outlet 🙂 I love creating recipes and improving my photography.
2. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t blogging?
Reading. Especially this summer I have been reading up a storm hehe
3. Who is one of the most inspirational people in your life?
My husband Zach. He is incredible. He loves to learn and is always working to improve himself at work. We get at least one textbook in the mail every week!
4. Where do you go to “get away from it all”?
The Beach. Hands down the beach is my favorite place to be. The sound of the waves relaxes me and the salty air is so refreshing.
5. What has kept you busiest this summer?
Home improvements. We have several projects that we have been wanting to accomplish for the past 2 years that we are finally getting done 🙂
6. What has been your most successful experience in cooking or farming?
Our Strawberry plants were our most exciting feat thus far. We planted them last summer at the end of the season not expecting them to even last through the winter. Eating seasonally was already important but eating a fresh strawberry from our backyard was out of this world juicy and sweet. An excellent reminder to eat seasonally and fresh!
7. What has been your most epic fail to do with cooking or farming?
Oh my I have had a lot of failures cooking, which is good since that is how we learn. But recently I tried not once but twice to make a slow cooker turkey chili and it was terrible each time.
8. What is your favorite food and why?
Peanut Butter. It is delicious, a good source of protein, and easy to take to work since it can be left in my car during all weather conditions.
9. How would you describe your region’s food culture?
Ooh this is tough, we live near several orchards and farms which means we eat that. The restaurants are only beginning to realize how special our area is and use farm fresh food. But it is not universal yet.
10. What is your favorite childhood food memory?
My Nana Rose made the most incredible pasta sauce. She was not known for cooking anything else well, which actually is ok because if I knew how she made that sauce it would be the only thing I would make too!
My nominations are:
The Questions for my nominees:
- Why did you begin blogging?
- If you could go anywhere on a food travel adventure, where would you go?
- What is your favorite “treat” to eat?
- What is your all time favorite post you wrote?
- Is there a food you loathe?
- What is your favorite book?
- How do you relax?
- Do you have a food hero?
- What is your favorite season?
- Cocktails, wine, or beer?
I look forward to reading your answers 🙂