I had you at bacon right? Are you looking for a super quick meal you can make as you go through this holiday seaon? I know the title makes this sound involved but I assure you it isn’t. If you can boil water and turn on the oven you can make this outstanding dish. An amazing dish like this can be ready in under 30 minutes.
Looking for balance in this recipe, chestnuts are sweet, Bacon is salty, and the Lemon Thyme offers a sweet/sour quality to this. Seriously delicious these simple ingredients combined are anything but simple.
Yes multitasking in the kitchen. I plopped the chestnuts and bacon in the oven at the same time I started the water to boil. And then things came together magically. Well, maybe not magically, but no one else needs to know. I had to fight somone off with a spoon because the bacon was so enticing.
- ½ cup chestnuts
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 servings gluten free pasta
- 1 TBS water reserved from cooked pasta
- 2 tsp lemon thyme
- heavy whipping cream
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut chestnuts on the flat side with an X
- Bake chestnuts and bacon 400F for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot a salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Allow to cool for a minute before you remove the meat from the chestnut shell.
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces.
- In a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat add the chestnuts, bacon, pasta, and water from pasta.
- Add the lemon thyme and a few splashes of heavy whipping cream, just enough to coast the pasta.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Serve.