In the past few years I’ve really fallen in love with popsicles. Not the sugar laden ones sold in the store but yummy more nutritious homemade ones. Popsicle molds are necessary, dixie cups would do, but a blender really does help.
These popsicles are basically a Green Monster smoothie in frozen form. I saw some mint chocolate chip popsicles and knew I had to try out my own but I put my own spin on it.
- I used spinach to get the green coloring
- Fresh mint in lieu of extract
- Cacao Nibs instead of chocolate chips, though those would work too!
- Greek Yogurt and Almond Milk instead of ice cream
So you can see why it feels like a Green Monster! I didn’t add any sweetener but I expect most people would like them better that way. The mint sweetens it enough for me. If you want to add sweetener I recommend a couple of tablespoons of maple syrup or honey. The only downside is the cacao nibs floated to the top (which are the bottoms of the pops). I stirred them to try to get them to be more evenly distributed but alas that is not what they were going to do.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 heaping handful Spinach
- 2-3 TBS fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2-3 TBS Cacao Nibs
- In a blender add the almond milk, yogurt, spinach, mint, and vanilla. Blend until spinach is well puréed.
- Stir in the cacao nibs and pour into popsicle molds. Freeze for a couple of hours until solid.