I have this sort of love hate relationship with squash. It can be good…occasionally. But when one plants squash it never comes occasionally it grows in abundance to the point where I start hating it. But I’m trying this whole “eat more veggies” thing. On the whole I think we eat pretty healthy but veggies are always harder to get excited about than say
cake fruit. I admit having my heart problems earlier this year really freaked me out. I had this very scary thought: health is not guaranteed. Even if one takes good care of themselves, though I imagine the odds are better.
For me my biggest nutrition obstacles are:
- Portion Control
- Eating enough vegetables
You may be getting bombarded with squash in your garden/market right now. Or you may be trying to eat more veggies and less frosting. Whatever the reason these are pretty good! I have also decided I like squash, I just don’t like the seeds, so I scooped them out. My basil plant has done great and I need to start using basil in every meal! Plus CHEESE!
- 3 patty pan squash, cut in half with stems removed
- 1½ TBS Olive Oil
- 1 TBS Fresh Basil, cut in strips
- 1 TBS Parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking pan.
- Scoop out the seeds from the squash.
- Place squash in baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, basil, and parmesan.
- Portion olive oil mixture into squash.
- Bake for 30 mins.