Last weekend we attended our friends’ wedding and they had this appetizer during cocktail hour we could not stop eating. So much so that the waiters would continue to return to our group with platters of these asparagus tempters that they were!
Truly simple with incredible flavors I guarantee these will become a staple in your home too. Asparagus is so beautiful drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and wrapped in one of the greatest foods of all time: prosciutto.
- ½ lb asparagus
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 package prosciutto
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- For the Asparagus:
- Turn broiler on high and prepare a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil onto asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slice prosciutto in half and tightly wrap each half around the asparagus stalk.
- Broil for 3 minutes.
- For the Balsamic Reduction:
- In a small pot bring the balsamic vinegar to boil.
- Turn heat down to simmer, stirring occasionally, until vinegar has reduced and coats a spoon.
- Drizzle vinegar over cooked asparagus and enjoy!
What are you up to this weekend? Is there an appetizer you dream about?