If you had told me a few years ago I would be eating cauliflower like popcorn I would have thought you were bonkers. But that’s the truth of what is happening around here lately. Roasting cauliflower with olive oil, a little salt, and nutritional yeast is mighty delicious. Like I ate half a head of cauliflower. Seriously. I could never have imagined how much I would appreciate vegetables. I always had a passion for broccoli as a kid but that, baby carrots, or pasta sauce were the only vegetables I was into.
Somehow over the years I gotten better at eating vegetables. I’m not perfect when it comes to eating veggies, some days are better than others. I do manage to devour this roasted cauliflower.
Nutritional yeast is not only delicious it is a complete protein and provides the body with amino acids the body cannot produce on its own. So that’s pretty neat! I love it on popcorn and lots of vegan recipes use it as a key ingredient in cheese substitutes. I get my nutritional yeast at Wegmans in the bulk food section.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- ½ TBS olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1-2 TBS Nutritional Yeast
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread cauliflower out onto baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast on top and bake for 20 minutes.