This isn’t a space where I discuss politics or much of what goes on in the world outside of food. But OMG I am a politics junkie. The news of the world has been one tragedy after another and I don’t want to say nothing but I also don’t have anything to say that hasn’t been said. My heart aches to see the world in such turmoil. Each tragedy deserves the attention of the world. Nice is possibly my favorite place in the world. I want you to see it the way I remember:
On to food. All the things I love seem to be in season. Huzzah! The grandest of Tours, the Tour de France has me glued to my TV for more hours a day than I’d care to admit. Peaches, cherries, okra, tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, I love it all.
I know some people are turned off by the somewhat slimy texture of okra. Fried okra fritters are awesome and you should totally get those in your life somehow. These roasted ones are just like those, but not. These babies are:
- Easier because all you are doing in plopping them on a pan
- Healthier because, no frying or batter
- Quicker! Which hello is my new favorite type of food
- ¼ pound okra
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl mix the okra with the olive oil and cajun spices.
- Bake for 10-15 mins. (my new oven is hot so 11 minutes had these babies done)