Yesterday I was home with a stomach bug so I am taking it easy today food wise. Toast! Its what’s for breakfast!
Y’all may recall this summer we were in full renovation mode. My bathroom was the big project. Our goals were to create visual space since we could not (maybe in the future though?) add an addition onto the house to make the bathroom larger than your kitchen table. I also realized I had filled the previous cabinets and I was not sure I needed all that stuff. I am opposed to clutter!
- Painted: it is not the silver grey I expected, it is closer to white grey but for now it works
- Swapped out the large cabinet over the toilet for 2 floating shelves
- Swapped the large sink/cabinet for a more modern floating sink/cabinet
- Removed the medicine cabinet (REALLY wanted to find a recessed one but could not find one that fit the hole and was modern) and replaced it with a mirror I found at Home Goods
- Replaced the shower curtain and bathmats for fun new ones
I am in LOVE with the bathroom now! Initially I was sad we couldn’t find a cool recessed medicine cabinet but I like the mirror. The entire point of this project was to get rid of clutter and create space so I think we achieved that.
I also think this is more us, it looks more like us.
Where did we get all that stuff?
Floating Shelves: CB2
Mirror, Shower Curtain, Bathmats: Home Goods
Light Fixture: Lowes
What home renovations have you done? This was I think our biggest to date. What successes and failures have you had?