It has been so long since I’ve posted that it feels weird to just jump in. Things are great here! Chasing and playing with our toddler has been so much fun that things have slowed down on the blog to an almost stand still. I am working on being present and taking time for things that seem simple but are the most important to me right now. Like playing with our son.
Cooking has been simplified as we navigate this balance. I did make these biscuits practically all summer. It was awesome. David Lebovitz posted this recipe for Blueberry Cobbler and I made it as soon as I could. You should too, it’s fantastic. Obviously, I had to modify the biscuits to be gluten-free and I think they turned out great.
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 100 grams all purpose gluten free flax flour
- 100 grams sweet rice flour
- 10 grams tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbs cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375F and place your cast iron skillet in the oven if using.
- In a measuring cup combine the milk and the vinegar, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the all-purpose gluten-free flax flour, sweet rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter mix the butter into the flour mixture until the butter resembled peas.
- Stir in the milk mixture.
- Drop the dough into the heated skillet.
- Bake 20 minutes.